Decton Staffing Services
Perform multiple aspects of assembly work via direction given from the lead who will interpret the manufacturing instructions for each step of the work order. No deviations to these instructions can be made without written approval from authorized personnel.
Day to day tasks will need to be carried out in a time sensitive manner in order to complete scheduled work on time.
Quality is paramount in the products we build as a result we require assemblers to maintain focus on the activities they are doing at all times.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Able to properly strip and prepare wires and cables
- Perform tinning and soldering operations
- Perform wiring crimping operations
- Evaluate proper terminal connections and insulation
- Evaluate cable assemblies for damage
- Report problems concerning hardware and cabling/wiring/molding of product Report routers and associated documentation errors
- Initial routers and associated documentation as necessary Maintain good housekeeping in work areas
- Perform labeling and identification of parts
- Perform critical trimming of parts
- Perform cable assemble operations including but not limited to prepping, installing expand, installing heat shrink, and loading of crimped terminals.
- Application of epoxies, hot melt glues and other agents necessary for fulfill specifications.
- Torqueing of cables
- Pull testing of cables
- Be able to fulfill ISO requirements
- Willing to take training to help expand skills.
- Ability to perform based on experience and skill level different cable assembly build requirements.
- In process testing of cables
- Following instructions without deviation
- Maintain safe working environment
- Be punctual in attendance and general work schedule breaks and lunch
Facility Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Maintain wire and cable processing equipment
- Report any potential hazards or excessive wear on wire and cable processing equipment
- Be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds unassisted. Beyond this will require the buddy system or lifting device.
- Ability to stay on feet for prolonged periods of time and mobility to get around facility without limitations.
- Ability to sit and work at a station for prolonged periods of time without limitation
- Maintain 5S workstation
- Ability to work hand tools and automated equipment without limitations
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Speak English
- Read English
- Good vision and hearing
- Basic understanding of Metrolog
- PassingTraining and internal training programs
- Fully abide by policies and procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour