Decton Staffing Services
Decton is recruiting for a Shipping and Receiving Manager for a manufacturing company in Irvine. If you are interested please submit yor resume and call Yesenia 949-207-1005.
Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments. Additionally, study shipping notices, POs, invoices, and orders to determine shipping priorities globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, delegate, and lead shipping and receiving team while delivering unparalleled customer service in day-to-day operations.
- Schedule shipments with carriers utilizing methods required to meet shipping/ receiving requirements, specifications, and schedules; follow up with carriers to ensure on-time shipment delivery.
- Manage domestic and international inbound and outbound shipments.
- Responsible for executing and providing support for standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain order status and consult with Purchasing to determine overdue materials/ parts; inform Supervisors of material status.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive supply chain efficiencies
- Manage freight forwarders and brokers.
- Prepare planning and inventory procedures in support of management goals including cycle counting, receiving, shipping, material movement, and annual physical inventory.
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Analyze cost to find the most efficient ways to ship material.
- Assemble and pack product containers; prepare and affix shipping labels on packages identifying shipping information in an accurate manner, including any special labels that are customer required.
- Receive shipments and ship product by unloading, unpacking, loading, and directing the movement of items from shipping/receiving platform to storage and/or work areas using forklift or handtruck.
- Report, monitor, and review daily inventory changes and correct any discrepancies.
- Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner; post weights and shipping charges; document items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
- Pull and prepare customer orders; identify and document any non-conformance issues.
- Prepare shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling packages.
- Maintain shipping/receiving materials by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed materials; placing and expediting orders for materials; verifying receipt of materials.
- Verify items received by inspecting condition of items; compare count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies; document items received by recording identifying information; monitor all items with shelf-life daily and notify appropriate personnel when material has expired.
- Record data for quantities of materials/parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments (into computer database).
- Prepare monthly reports for cycle counts.
- Match POs with Receivers and forward to Purchasing.
- Report all damaged and defective items, shortages, and returns to Purchasing for credit processing.
- Supervising personnel
- Making task assignments
- Preparing performance reviews
- Developing disciplinary action as required
- Monitoring attendance
- Time card approval
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Strategically manage the end to end logistics of product shipping on a global scale.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- 5 to 10+ years of experience building and managing a shipping/receiving team.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in international shipping/logistics a plus.
- High School graduate (or GED), with some college course work preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to work cohesively with many diverse groups.
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient planning abilities and highly organized.
- Understanding of compliance within each country’s unique customs regulations.
- Work with ambiguous requirements and take smart risks.
- Thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Computer proficiency to include shipping/ transportations software and MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with OSHA and ISO 9000 practices and controls.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment, documentation systems, and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work independently, and work quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers; must be able to interpret packing slips.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and be able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator.
- Must have a good working knowledge of part numbers and part usage and understand applications for use.