Decton Staffing Services
Responsibilities of a Tax Senior Manager
• Develops and nurtures long-term relationships with client senior management.
• Reviews and confirms assignment objectives, scope and work plan with client.
• Identifies assignment resource requirements and ensures that the most appropriate resources are assigned to specific assignment roles.
• Anticipates, identifies and resolves complex tax and accounting issues.
• Seeks regular client assessment of assignment progress and overall feedback on performance/value add.
• Develops assignment budgets, monitors realization, utilization and accounts receivable progress.
• Works with the partner group to generate leads, contacts and sales-including developing and closing assignment proposals.
• Supports the partner team in identifying and promoting the development of new delivery capabilities and/or channels to satisfy evolving market requirements.
• Supports the partner team in the development and planning of practice unit strategy, objectives, and budgets.
• Development of industry expertise and profiling of the firm.
• Identifies and develops new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs, utilization and people development.
• Builds on strong coaching skills to mentor managers and serves as a model for effective leadership.
• Searches for and recognizes opportunities to improve our client’s operations and to recommend tax or other saving strategies; develops solutions.
• Knows the Firm’s organization; follows the Firm’s administrative practices, as well as takes an active role in bettering Firm’s the internal systems and procedures, as necessary.
• Understands economics of the practice and is accountable/responsible for meeting Firm goals. Has direct client billing responsibility and is expected to communicate issues timely to the partner, and to the client after discussions with the partner.
• Monitors department staffing needs and work assignments.
• Directs the review process for Tax Seniors and Tax Staff.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Juris Doctorate or better in Taxation or related field.
Master of Laws (Taxation) or better in Taxation or related field.
Master of Science in Taxation or better in Taxation or related field.
8-15 years: Experience with tax compliance and planning for pass-through entities, in a variety of industries, and high-net worth individuals. Both public accounting and industry experience desired