Dection Staffing Services
Currently seeking a Senior Project Buyer for a company in Corona, CA! If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text)
The Senior Project Buyer is responsible for the procurement of all materials including high specification items for the completion of compressor packages. This position mentors and guides Project Buyers and Jr. Buyers in their daily functions. The Senior Buyer has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Perform pre-bidding quoting and supports the Technical Sales department.
- Write and distribute RFQ’s; receive, analyze and negotiate bids, quotes and proposals.
- Order high-value and complex specification materials to fulfill the project requirements. Ensure all material is delivered to meet the Production Schedule in accordance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Oversee direct negotiations with suppliers related to pricing and terms and conditions.
- Expedite deliveries of components needed for production.
- Review drawings and works with Engineering and Quality to ensure suppliers clearly understand the order requirements.
- Ensure PO’s reference latest drawing revisions and provides suppliers with drawings, terms and conditions and customer specifications to procure compliant material.
- Perform supplier qualification and supplier audits.
- Oversee all projects to ensure all schedules and deadlines are met.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in the following fields: Engineering, Sciences, Business Management, Supply Chain Management; or equivalent to 5+ years of progressive procurement experience within engineering and manufacturing business environments.
- Career background must include experience in organizations which design, engineer and assemble large machinery for use in various global applications including the gas and oil sectors.