Decton Staffing Services
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for managing the accuracy and productivity of all day-to-day activities of accounts payables, accounts receivables, customer credits and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting, cost accounting and overall company Operations etc. The Sr. Accountant reports to the CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- General responsibility for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting department.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Difficult accounting work on involved projects and problems.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executive team.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Provide financial analyzing tools to evaluate organizational goals, projects, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when required/necessary.
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks and lenders, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, collection agencies, other professional firms as required by Controller.
- Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting rules and the application of general accounting theories:
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Access, EDI software and ERP accounting software programs.
- Must have good communication proficiency with excellent command of the English language, oral and written.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Ethical conduct
- Collaborative team work
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred