Decton Staffing Services
Currently seeking a Safety Inspector for a manufactruing company in Huntington Beach. This is a direct hire opportunity for the right individual.
Compensation: $21.00-$30.00 hourly
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Broad, general knowledge of health and safety regulations, California Code of Regulations, Title 8.
- Environmental regulatory knowledge a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a health and safety role.
- Three or more years’ experience in implementing safety programs in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
- Valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain on
- College degree or accredited certificate in Occupational Safety, Engineering or Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Safety industry certification preferred
- Conduct monthly safety performance audits and inspections.
- Develop and track action items as a result of safety performance audits.
- Conduct new hire and transferred employee orientations.
- Conduct specialized department and/or monthly management training as required or as appropriate.
- Facilitate the established biohazard waste disposal program.
- Assist management in investigation of accidents as necessary, review accident reports and track action items.
- Assists with updating department safety rules; maintain current booklets.
- Facilitate the maintenance of appropriate safety records.
- Ability to read chemical labels and distinguish chemical properties.
- Facilitate moving vehicle equipment program; train and certify employees as necessary.
- Facilitate emergency management programs and conduct annual employee evacuation drills.
- Assists with the management of various safety programs, such as the Hearing Protection Program
- Responsibility for task/project management.
- Coordinate Site Safe Work, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Incident/Accident/Illness Injury Investigations and General Safety Procedures and/or Programs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.