https://dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-1-292.png 70 42 https://www.dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-300x89.png 2019-02-14 20:00:072019-02-14 20:00:07Safety Coordinator II
Decton Staffing Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct monthly safety performance audits and inspections without any prior notice
- Develop and track action items as a result of safety performance audits
- Conduct new hire and transferred employee orientations
- Facilitate the established biohazard waste disposal program
- Assist management in investigation of accidents as necessary, review accident reports and track action items
- Assists with updating department safety rules; maintain current booklets
- Facilitate the Hazard Identification Program.
- Facilitate the maintenance of appropriate safety records.
- Ability to read chemical labels and distinguish chemical properties.
- Participates on APB meetings.
- Facilitate moving vehicle equipment program; train and certify employees as necessary
- Facilitate emergency management programs and conduct annual employee evacuation drills.
- Creates and edits employee safety orientations
- Creates, develops and edits Company’s Safety Standards
- Assigned and completes technical projects that require an advanced level of knowledge to complete
- Fills in as temporary Supervisor as needed
- Develop and implement training programs as necessary at all levels within the organization, from hourly employee to executive staff.
- Assists with the management of various safety programs, such as the Hearing Protection Program
- Assist departments with the development of JSA’s
- Responsibility for task/project management.
- Coordinate Site Safe Work, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Incident/Accident/Illness Injury Investigations and General Safety Procedures and/or Programs
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of safety expertise needed
- Provide input to Manager and interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues
- Responsible for compilation of advanced metrics that track various aspects of safety performance
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on industrial safety and health regulations, policies, standards, and programs
- Participate actively in the local EHS community
- Traveling between facilities is required.
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance as well as be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a health and safety role
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Five or more years’ experience in implementing safety programs in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Experience in the application of OHSAS 18001 a plus
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System
- Broad, advanced knowledge of health and safety regulations, California Code of Regulations, Title 8
- Ability to read and understand technical industry material
- Environmental regulatory knowledge a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain one
- ASP or CSP certification preferred
- Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health from an accredited institution
- $25/HR – $35/HR plus full company benefits