Decton Staffing Services
Decton is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Coordinator for a manufacturing company in the city of Santa Ana paying $16 – $18/hr. If you are interested please submit your resume and call/txt Cindy @ 949-274-8364
The Health and Safety Coordinator will provide support to the company’s. health and safety efforts while nurturing a positive safety culture within the company. This position is responsible for implementation and maintenance of safety compliance initiatives and associated documentation in accordance with all federal, state, local, and internal standards and regulations. Health and Safety Coordinator must provide daily health and safety guidance throughout all levels of the organization, practice safe working techniques, and re-enforcing safety policies and procedures as defined by the company. Primary work area will be in manufacturing/shop floor environment.
- Assist in conducting structured learning experiences and ensuring training effectiveness for employees in accordance with the company’s Safety Training Matrix.
- Prepare training documents in English and Spanish
- Conduct trainings in English and Spanish (at various dates and times to support manufacturing teams and business needs)
- Administer health and safety competency evaluations
- Follow up with employees regarding unsatisfactory safety assessment and perform re-training
- Bilingual/Biliterate Health and Safety contact for:
- Incident investigations
- Near Miss/Opportunity for Improvement and/or other internal safety reporting
- Translation of safety trainings, programs, and policies
- Assist in ensuring employee and facility regulatory and safety compliance by conducting site audits and inspections to identify areas for improvement.
- Finished goods, raw materials, and hazardous waste facility requirements
- Facility, equipment, and hazard signage
- Inspection and testing of safety equipment (fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, first aid kits, and other safety equipment)
- Assist in managing Personal Protective Equipment
- Assist in managing, tracking, obtaining objective evidence, and closing safety related corrective actions.
- Support Regulatory Compliance Manager in administering and maintaining other compliance programs and records (environmental, health, and safety as well as trade compliance) as needed.
- Ability to wear NIOSH certified respirator
- Ability to operate powered industrial vehicle
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory standards
- Ability to think critically and make decisions objectively and logically in alignment with organization practices
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, well-organized, and resourceful
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is required to sit, walk, and stand for extended periods of time. Employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience
- Associates or higher degree in Occupation Safety and Health preferred
- 2 to 4 years of Health and Safety experience preferred
- 2 to 4 years of working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be bilingual/biliterate
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint