Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Corona, CA! Currently seeking a Materials/Purchasing Supervisor. If qualified, please submit your resume and contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006. (Call or Text)
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to negotiate deals for better pricing and/or delivery.
- Thoroughly understands concepts of manufacturing procedures, MRP and purchasing legal aspects.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Meets with vendors to resolve any purchasing issues.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Is involved occasionally in vendor surveys.
- Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines.
- Arranges for disposal sale of surplus materials and equipment
Directly supervises one employee in the Purchasing Department.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.