Decton Staffing Services
Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers by performing the following duties:
- Provides direction, leadership, development and support to all employees through empowerment, teamwork on the job assignment and continuous improvement.
- Develop and prepare relevant daily, weekly and monthly management reports.
- Oversee departmental requirements, scheduling and timely processing of products
- Conduct job training.
- Manage cost control and related activities.
- Follow and enforce regulatory guidelines and company policies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing processes, procedures and machinery
- Time and management skills
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of equipment.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet or exceed production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Excellent analytical and people management skills, including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork and performance management.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment and to manage multiple projects/priorities to meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate production as needed.
- Ensure all OSHA and regulatory provisions are in compliance and manage safety programs.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Suitable written and oral communication skills required
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented / team builder
- Hands-on supervisory style
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Electronic MFG experience
- Supervision Experience 5 years – required
- Stamping Auto Motive and/or weld assembly background a plus
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Manufacturing ERP experience a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite required
- Ability to trace problems to root cause
- Ability to communicate with persons at all levels
- Efficiency and continuous improvement methods
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing, walking and medium/heavy lifting capability required.