Dection Staffing Services
Seeking a Production Engineering Supervisor for a company in Corona, CA! If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below/contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text)
- Manages and leads the Production Engineering department.
- Aligns contributions of the department to the strategic initiatives of the company.
- Improves and manages production processes, including the assessment and improvement of safety, quality, efficiency and delivery within these processes.
- Utilizes best management practices and his/her engineering degree/background to independently judge and assess adherence to production process and compliance to lead improvement plans to maximize efficiencies, yields and quality.
- Lleads interdepartmental teams and develops/instructs production team members on process adherence and improvement activities.
Essential Position Function and Duties:
- Prepares and manages process improvement activities to increase shop efficiency, quality, safety and on-time delivery through effective utilization of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing toolsets.
- Prepares and manages the departmental Action Plan, annual budget, capital expenditures and employment plan to achieve company’s annual growth and financial targets.
- Validates Shop Workload Forecast to manage current and future resources, including, labor, equipment, space etc.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance for product and processes to all Operations and Engineering.
- Maintain current knowledge of and ensure continued compliance and adherence of products and processes to all applicable codes and specifications.
- Investigates root cause of Quality issues and provides proper countermeasures.
- Analyze production data and report trends in easily understood visual formats on a monthly basis. Utilize independent judgment to identify negative trends in need of action and ensure effective improvement activities are implemented.
- Maintain safety standards across all job functions.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor / Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years of managerial experience in manufacturing environment
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in welding processes, techniques, and equipment. (GMAW, SMAW, GTAW & SAW), and of manufacturing processes for custom engineered compressor systems.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Comprehend mechanical drawings, such as Piping & Instrument Diagrams, General Arrangements, Vessel, Heat Exchangers, and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, AWS codes.
- Project management and costs benefit analysis.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools.
- Knowledge of painting and sandblasting.
- Practice safety and 5S disciplines daily.