Dection Staffing Services
Manages and leads Production Engineering department. Aligns contributions of the department to the strategic initiatives of the company. Improves and manages production processes, including the assessment and improvement of safety, quality, efficiency and delivery within these processes. The Production Engineering Supervisor/Assistant Manager utilizes best management practices and his/her engineering degree/background to independently judge and assess adherence to production process and compliance to lead improvement plans to maximize efficiencies, yields and quality. The Production Engineering Supervisor/Assistant Manager leads interdepartmental teams and develops/instructs production team members on process adherence and improvement activities. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of duties, decision and/or responsibilities.
Essential Position Functions and Duties
- Strong emphasis on process improvement activities to increase shop efficiency, quality, safety and on-time delivery through effective utilization of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing toolsets.
- Prepares and manages the departmental Action Plan, annual budget, capital expenditures and employment plan to achieve company’s annual growth and financial targets.
- Validates Shop Workload Forecast to manage current and future resources, including, labor, equipment, space etc.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance for product and processes to all Operations and Engineering.
- Maintain current knowledge of and ensure continued compliance and adherence of products and processes to all applicable codes and specifications (i.e. AWS, ASME BPVC, API, etc.)
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor / Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years experience evaluating processes and implementing improvements to increase efficiency
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in welding processes, techniques, and equipment. (GMAW, SMAW, GTAW & SAW), and of manufacturing processes for custom engineered compressor systems.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to train company personnel (teaching or training experience)
- Comply with Environment, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Able to work in a highly dynamic and pressured environment.
- Able to apply theoretical knowledge, specifications and processes to practical applications and exercise sound judgment regarding quality decisions and interpretations.
- Able to perform under minimal or no supervision and processes to practical application and exercise sound judgment regarding production decisions and interpretations.
- Knowledge of industry standards and terminology.