Dection Staffing Services
Currently seeking a Production Control Coordinator for a company in Corona, CA! If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contac Liz directly @ (949)421-6006. (Call Or Text)
This is a temp-hire opportunity
Production Control Coordinator is responsible monitoring the progress of projects and to update production schedules. The Production Control Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that required materials and drawings are supplied to the production floor according to the manufacturing schedule and monitors and reports the lead times of each project to meet the deadlines and delivery date of all deliverables.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Create and issue schedules regularly to various departments and manage the progress to ensure on-time delivery
- Review progress of drawings bi-weekly and report delays that could impact project delivery to the Production Control Assistant Manager. Discuss delays with Project Managers to alleviate any negative impact on projects.
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings with Department Managers in the Engineering Group to discuss status of delayed items on projects.
- Create and issue procurement delay item list to the Procurement Department Discuss with the Procurement Department (as needed.) and assist material movement as needed within the facility.
- Prepare documents and reports and attend various Production Control related meetings as needed.
- Ensure all the materials required for outsourcing work have been received and prepare packing lists while coordinating with the Shipping and Receiving Department. Monitor progress of outsourced work and report status.
- Create and update outsourcing schedules every week.
- Follow up the status of ship loose materials and warranty materials as needed.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3 or more years of experience as production control coordinator in a medium or large manufacturing environment (preferably in Oil and Gas Industry).
- 4-Year College degree preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- High level of proficiency in MS Products including, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- High level of understanding and applications in material planning, supply chain management and production scheduling and planning using ERP Systems (EPCOR/Vantage preferred)
- Must have skills and experience in document organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Must have professional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must have skills in business negotiation, bargaining, time management and business acumen.
- Must be able to treat all suppliers and vendors fairly and equally.
- Ability to create and manage production scheduling and planning.
- Ability to read and understand ISO drawings, P&ID and GA.
- Understanding of API, ASME and other regulations and codes.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Kaizen.
- Understanding and effective use of 5S.
- Experience in ISO9001/14001 and 18001.