https://dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-1-130.png 70 42 https://www.dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-300x89.png 2019-03-12 22:33:562019-03-12 22:33:56Payroll Technician
Decton Staffing Services
- Prepares and processes payroll, makes electronic transfers for direct deposits, and ensures checks are accurate and completed as scheduled.
- Coordinates payroll activities with other departments and divisions.
- Answers questions and advises on procedures in payroll transactions.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining corrective entries involved in maintaining payroll controls.
- Receive, review, verify and process payroll records, documents and other related material.
- Maintains records for various employee payroll deductions and leave reports.
- Processes periodic billings for services such as association and union dues, attachments and other wage claims against employees.
- Releases payroll information to legally authorized agencies and employees.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms and other financial documents.
- Generates and assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial, summary and technical reports.
- Verifies, posts and records a variety of financial transactions.
- Prepares and maintains databases, records, and a variety of periodic and special financial, accounting and statistical reports.
- Generates reports by computer and balances them appropriately.
- Enters and retrieves information and data using standard word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as accounting, financial, and other related electronic information systems specific to the department to which assigned.
- Utilizes various computer software to carry out assigned payroll duties
- Assists customers, departments, and employees by providing answers and information regarding specific account information, discrepancies, general accounting procedures, and/or department specific issues and problems; researches issues regarding specific transactions; and updates related files and departments on action items.
- Assists supervisor(s) with special projects as required.
- Prepares W-2 forms and electronic file for submission and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to an associate’s degree with major coursework in finance or accounting.
- Three (3) years of technical accounting experience in the preparation, review, and processing of payroll records and documents in a centralized payroll
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
- Payroll and deductions policies, practices and procedures.
- Federal and state payroll tax laws and regulations.
- Garnishment and employment verification practices and procedures.
- Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City staff.
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) rules and regulations.