Decton Staffing Services
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for processing payroll for approximately 1,000+ employees within a Payroll Department and provide support to other payroll functions. Position is high volume and requires knowledge of a multi-state processing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- High volume process payroll using ADP Enterprise Version 5, duties include but are not limited to, processing of time and data entry.
- Maintain paid time off balances and respond to field inquiries.
- Update payroll records by processing status changes, tax updates, direct deposit elections and other voluntary deductions.
- Offer ongoing automated timekeeping system (Kronos) training and assistance to field personnel.
- Collect, calculate, and import payroll data from time sheets and timekeeping system for payroll processing.
- Verify accuracy of payroll data entered and compare against input documents.
- Maintain payroll records and file all payroll related paperwork following each pay period.
- Answer routine telephone inquiries concerning payroll issues in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow up on outstanding payroll checks and coordinate efforts with the Accounting department.
- Support other Payroll Associates where needed.
- Generate reports for various departments using Report Smith.
- Adhere to internal control processes when initiating, recording, summarizing and reporting payroll transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience preferably with ADP Enterprise Version 5.
- Report Smith experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting is a plus