Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Anaheim, CA. Currently seeking a Payoll Manager that specializes in Prevailing Wages. If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text).
The Payroll Manager position manages payroll process and performs accounting-related tasks.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Supervises payroll specialist.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Customer Service skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and/or industry software applications.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Results and people-oriented with the ability to balance multiple business considerations.
- Strong organization skills with a disciplined approach to work.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and professional demeanor
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3- 5 years experience in payroll processing and management.
- At least 3 years of experience with payroll systems and related software programs.
- Must have prevailing wage and certified payroll experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus