Decton Staffing Services
Decton is recruiting for a company in Murrieta paying $22.31 an hour. If you are interested please submit your resume and call/txt Yesenia 949-207-1005.
Under direction, performs specialized and difficult technical accounting duties in connection with the preparation, review, and processing of payroll records and documents in a centralized payroll system; and performs related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from assigned management and supervisory staff. Exercises no direct supervision over staff.
This is the fully qualified advanced journey-level classification in the technical accounting series. Positions at this level perform the full range of duties as assigned, working independently, and exercising judgment and initiative. Positions at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the payroll unit.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prepares and processes payroll, makes electronic transfers for direct deposits, and ensures checks are accurate and completed as scheduled.
- Coordinates payroll activities with other City departments and divisions.
- Answers questions and advises on procedures in payroll transactions.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining corrective entries involved in maintaining payroll controls.
- Receives, reviews, verifies and processes payroll records, documents and other related material.
- Reviews related payroll items for completeness, accuracy and compliance with City and departmental policies and procedures, Memorandum of Understanding (M.O.U.), state and federal laws and other regulations.
- Maintains records for various employee payroll deductions and leave reports.
- Processes periodic billings for services such as association and union dues, attachments and other wage claims against employees.
- Interprets payroll impact as related to proposed operational changes and Memorandum of Understanding (M.O.U.) language related to payroll.
- Releases payroll information to legally authorized agencies and City employees.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms and other financial documents.
- Generates and assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial, summary and technical reports.
- Verifies, posts and records a variety of financial transactions.
- Prepares and maintains databases, records, and a variety of periodic and special financial, accounting and statistical reports.
- Generates reports by computer and balances them appropriately.
- Enters and retrieves information and data using standard word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as accounting, financial, and other related electronic information systems specific to the department to which assigned.
- Utilizes various computer software to carry out assigned payroll duties.
- Assists customers, departments, and employees by providing answers and information regarding specific account information, discrepancies, general accounting procedures, and/or department specific issues and problems; researches issues regarding specific transactions; and updates related files and departments on action items.
- Assists supervisor(s) with special projects as required.
- Observes and complies with City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Prepares W-2 forms and electronic file for submission and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to an associate’s degree with major coursework in finance or accounting.
- Three (3) years of technical accounting experience in the preparation, review, and processing of payroll records and documents in a centralized payroll.