Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Corona, CA. Currently seeking an Enviornmental Health & Safety Administrator. If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text).
The EHS Administrator will perform clerical and administrative functions in support of the EHS Department personnel as required to fulfill departmental responsibilities.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Initiate purchase requisitions, check requests, expenditure authorizations, and expense reports associated with the department’s budget requirements.
- Maintain accurate record-keeping systems to assist department with task tracking, progress and status, etc.
- Assist in the recording and maintenance of training data: track participant hours, update training matrix and generate training statistics reports monthly and annually.
- Provide administrative support associated with the development of department plans, EHS policies, standards and procedures.
- Process monthly safety audits by documenting findings, generating Summary Reports, communicating results, requesting corrective action plans and monitoring process to completion.
- Generate vouchers for prescription safety glasses and safety shoes.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of annual health tests, ergonomic evaluations and other EHS sponsored events.
- Process invoices and update budget tracking spreadsheets.
- Assist and support training on various safety topics with material preparation and posttraining processing of class documentation, certificates, etc.
- File and archive department records.
- Generate monthly reports and graphs to depict KPI and other data and performance or audit results.
- Track daily Hazard Prediction Forms, Safety Talks and Office Moments.
- Monitor first aid cabinet supplies inventory and other EHS related supplies.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Publisher.
- Effective oral and written communication and reading comprehension.
- Good organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, with little supervision (critical thinking aptitude).
- Ability to follow company and departmental processes and routines.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- A customer service focus (internal & external) and team-oriented attitude.
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English.
- Ability to recognize and contribute toward process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Commitment to ownership, responsibility and accountability.