Decton Staffing Services
This position consists of troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all aspects of production & facility equipment; new equipment installations, good housekeeping, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs.
- Repair and maintain filling, packaging, and supporting equipment.
- Practice safe work habits. Follows proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as required and correct any unsafe conditions as necessary. Knowledgeable in OSHA laws and regulations.
- Responds to calls from production Supervisors or Lead operators to repair equipment as needed.
- Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
- Participates in daily meetings and reports maintenance department objectives and opportunities.
- Installing/rebuilding various production or plant support equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic devices and hydraulic systems.
- Develop preventative maintenance needs and requirements.
- Fabricate machine small parts, brackets, or guards as needed.
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical problems in a timely manner.
- Independently performs all assignments after being given general instructions as to the results expected.
- Electrical – Troubleshoots automation equipment through PLC, servo, HMI related process control and automation systems
- Perform electrical work on 24 volts – 480 volts production equipment.
- Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Coordinates several projects at the same time while prioritizing competing demands on time availability.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Troubleshoot digital and analog systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Maintenance
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to peers and management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
Technicians will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include but not limited to air respirator, safety glasses and ear plugs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Technicians are required to work in temperatures low as 42 degrees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some technical college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in related field with proven industry experience, food and beverage experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret machine/electrical drawings and schematics.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- PLC experience is a must.
- Excellent AC and DC circuit knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in electrical installations for main and control power wiring as well as installing conduit.
- Strong knowledge in motor control.
- Developing action plans and implementing related corrective measures.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Refrigeration system knowledge and experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Pass the drug test and physical exam
- Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts and the flexibility to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 /hour
- maintenance technician: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)