Decton Staffing Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Visually, or manually inspects, or listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Manually dismantles defective machines or electronic components of machinery and equipment. by using handheld and pneumatic tools.
- Visually locates damaged air, hydraulic and grease components on machines
- Lays out, measures, cuts, threads and installs new pipes, hoses, valve, and manifolds as necessary.
- Installs and repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Install, modifies programs, and / or programs automatic machinery and equipment such as robots, or programmable controllers.
- Maintains spare parts inventory by properly requisitioning necessary part(s) for repair and orders replacement part if used. Such as fittings, valves, hoses, filters, etc. Initiates purchase requisitions in order to get repair parts ordered.
- Consults with outside vendors regarding replacement components.
- Per established guidelines, filters or replaces oil for all equipment using a portable filtering unit and / or 500 gallon tote.
- Make repairs to all hydraulic, oil, pneumatic, and grease leaks.
- Maintain and supports the Preventative Maintenance programs for all equipment , including program design and approval, schedule, meeting manufacturing schedules and equipment specifications. Coordinate work with Department Leads and Supervision.
- Repair miscellaneous support equipment such as gate cutters, conveyor systems, air pumps and thermolaters.
- Observe and comply with all safety rules and regulations including the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Other task, and duties and / or special projects as directed by supervisors and / or manager.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Two-year degree or certificate (Engineering Technology) from a college or technical school. Or two (2) years to four (4) years related experience (Injection Molding, PLC Programming, Advanced Hydraulics and Electrical Trouble Shooting) in a manufacturing environment, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical, electrical and hydraulic prints or schematics, safety rules operating and maintenance instructions , procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence that is legible and understandable. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral , diagram, or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid California driver’s license and qualifications for driving a forklift may be required.
MUST HAVE INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE EXPERIENCE
GIVE KEVIN A CALL AT 949-677-2431