Decton Staffing Services
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will maintain our production equipment. Will perform maintenance functions to production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines or related equipment. Ability to repair most manufacturing and facility equipment with minimal supervision. All work is to be performed in such a manner to ensure good workmanship to limit minimum downtime.
- Repair most manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Assesses problems with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Understands electrical circuits.
- Uses all standard tools of the trade.
- Follows code and regulatory requirements.
- Practices and follows safety requirements.
- Completes documents as required by department guidelines
- Practices and follow safety requirements.
- Complies with all SOP’s and GMP’s
- Handling hazardous material and waste using proper and safe technique
- Assists in Parts Room Maintenance
- As necessary, performs other related functions
- Basic to advance knowledge of electrical circuits.
- Food manufacturing/ processing highly desirable
- Basic to advance code and regulatory knowledge.
- Able to understand English.
- Be flexible to change priorities on assigned tasks.
- Able to communicate and interface at all levels effectively.
- Able to operate machinery such as lathes, mills, drill presses, and all power and hand tools applicable to the position.
- Have good hand and eye coordination.
- Have good hand coordination to use hand tools and other devices.
- Able to understand and comprehend directions.
Must have knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical principles, must be familiar with parts inventory program, must be familiar with preventive maintenance program, industry experience preferred. Must be familiar with refrigeration processes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written), must be computer literate,must be able to interface with different levels of employees. AA degree or technical degree desired.
Must be able to walk or stand for a majority of the day; able to use hand tools; able to perform light lifting of machinery.
Job Type: Full-time