Decton Staffing Services
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing focused leadership and directing all activities related to the planning, installation, repair and breakdown prevention of all production equipment, mechanical systems and facilities within budget. The Maintenance Manager will work with all departments to ensure the success of all operations within the company in areas of Safety, Quality, production machinery and facilities equipment, performance. The maintenance manager has a staff of maintenance technicians (direct reports) providing support to cover the facility & buildings and production equipment including all warehouses. The use of preventive maintenance tools including various data and breakdown analysis will be required to identify improvements to machine health, cost reduction and skill building opportunities. Technical skill building and capability is delivered thru the maintenance dept and the technical qualification process is executed under the leadership of the Maintenance Manager
Duties of Position
Responsibilities – Department specific (50% of annual business contribution/evaluation weight)
- Responsible for developing long-range plans which will address future needs for maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair.
- Develops and provides current, effective and documented training to the maintenance tech staff for each piece of production equipment per the manufacturer’s requirements which will provide a skill based path of advancement for the individuals on the Maintenance team.
- Develops and provides current, effective and documented training for machine operators, certifying and qualifying each machine operator on safe and proper practices for each piece of production equipment which will provide a skill based path of advancement for the individuals on the Production team.
- Hires appropriate Maintenance Tech staff as required to accomplish all repairs and PM schedules.
- Prepares employee evaluations for the maintenance team.
- Ensures optimal performance of all production equipment by scheduling and ensuring completion of preventive maintenance requirements per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains properly documented maintenance records for each machine in a fashion that is auditable at all times.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders;verifying receipt.
- Qualifies or determines appropriate materials to be used in automated and other production process to ensure production goals are met or exceeded.
- Suggests improvements to packaging to improve automation and production success.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Is responsible for building maintenance for all facilities.
- Schedules periodic maintenance and repair of all systems, roof, fire sprinkler, HVAC, doors, wall repairs, painting, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Maintains documented records of all facility repairs.
- Secures building permits if necessary.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Works with the QA Department to ensure regulatory requirements are met at all times.
- Works and communicates with Supply Chain Manager and Production Scheduling Manager to ensure equipment readiness for production needs per the production schedule.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Education/Training & Experience
- High School Diploma; higher education such as A.A. or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years mechanical aptitude acquired through vocational school, on the job training or military training.
- Seven (7) years + of proven and relevant work preferably with a management role in a food manufacturing setting.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Experience using AutoCAD software.
- Communicates (verbally, and written) in English with a high level of professionalism.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish very helpful but not required
- Multi-Tasking with strong time-management skills.