Decton Staffing Services
Machine Operator II Roto (3rd Shift)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures that his team has all the required safety equipment.
- Ensures all the equipment, molds, machine and hoist are working properly. If not, He/she needs to report problems right away.
- Follows a schedule and enters data into the Information System (Prism)
- Sets up and Starts up molds as required.
- Ensures that machines are producing quality parts according to required standards.
- Maintains a good cycle rating as outlined by company cycle standards.
- Reports any deviations related to machine functions to lead to be corrected by Maintenance Mechanic.
- Ensures molds are prepped in advance to help ensure efficient changeover.
- Fills up mold P.M. sheets and places with molds
- Performs all tasks associated with the scheduled mold-change, including changes for the purpose of testing new or recently worked molds.
- Sets Rotation and cycle time on machine computer; orders or brings over cooling jigs; fills out pm sheet on returning mold, and also makes sure cooling jigs are returned to their location
- Coordinates mold changes to minimize downtime by bringing over or having brought over mold extensions, tools, supplies prior to starting mold change.
- Needs to be flexible to complete mold changes that are in process at the end of his/her shift.
- Coordinates and participates in making color and material changes to minimize downtime.
- Performs minor type of maintenance as required, for example changes out leaky hoses, and replaces broken fittings.
- Ensures that the machines and surrounding areas are kept clean and in orderly state during and at end of shift.
- Eliminates safety hazards that they are able to correct.
- Monitors molds and machines for proper operations.
- Responsible to run molds to department cycle, and weight standards.
- Gets assistance to correct problems if necessary.
- Troubleshoots processing problems as they arise.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of cycle data, part weights, cycle times, rejects and specific assigned process check sheets.
- Assists in day to day production efforts in their designated cell.
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance as well as be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Satisfactory safety record, having the attitude of safety first by being proactive in general.
- Very good knowledge of the Rotational Molding and Mold Set Up processes on either the Ferry 330 or Ferry 220 machines.
- Have a very good understanding of the molds, materials, and machinery.
- Have all the necessary tools to perform the required duties.
- Knowledge to perform all aspects of Utility, Material Handler, Grinder and data entry in Prism.
- Trimmer, Mold Change and Repair person.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate machine status to incoming machine team.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Passed Lockout Tagout Training, Hoist training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
(CALL 949-677-2431) APPLY WITH RESUME AND CALL –
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN MANUFACTURING SETTING