Decton Corporate Services, Inc.
Job Title: FULFILLMENT MANAGER
Reports To: VP, COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
The Fulfillment Manager applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to control project execution, schedule, cost, and performance risks to ensure satisfied customers. Works with the Sales, Engineering and Procurement Operations departments to ensure procurement and production functions can deliver product against customer orders. Expected to maintain key relationships with field sales personnel to ensure a full understanding of the necessary delivery timelines and requirements for delivery to customers. This role has ultimate responsibility for all assigned projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning, monitoring, and others aspects of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fulfillment Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate customer requirements to appropriate company departments, and manage all activities accordingly to successfully meet customer and company requirements
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that departments have the tools and information needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to management.
- Follow COMPANY Global policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Travel required up to 15% of the time.
- Identify and troubleshoot execution issues when the need arises, and escalating appropriately as needed.
- Maintain timelines and target dates in Microsoft Project and related COMPANY Global ERP tools
- Organize and facilitate project planning, reviews, and release planning, and other project related meetings.
- Facilitate productivity by ensuring that the team has tools and information to succeed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Balances responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance;
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management role or equivalent in a manufacturing or utility environment
- Certified Project Manager preferred
- Good understanding of process design and requirements for ISO 9000 and similar standards.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be expert with Microsoft Project or equivalent software tool.
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification
- Ability to see big picture while effectively managing details.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership over increasingly larger projects.
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk. Requires the use of a computer keyboard, communicating over the telephone, and reading printed material.
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane.
- May require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours.