Decton Staffing Services
Job Title: Patient Service Representative
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
- Answering phones, making and confirming appointments and rescheduling when necessary.
- Check in patients , collect co-pays and verify insurances
- Assist in checking out patients and assist with referral processing and scheduling process.
- Collect co-pays and posts charges.
- Distribute information to patients regarding office policies, procedures and information about the practice.
- Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Adhere to HIPPA Compliance Pland and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion medical office assistant program preferred.
Certification: Prefer healthcare management/administration certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of third party payers regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance verification process.
- Understanding of ducumentation required for physician appointments.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 CPT codes.
- Knowledge of Athena software and EMR are a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is plus.