Dection Staffing Services
Decton Staffing is hiring experienced Forklift Operators in the west Phoenix area. If you are interested please call Karina at 480-628-5087.
The ideal candidate is responsible for operating a forklift for the purspose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties in addition to their own.
- Shipping/Receiving – Unload inbound shipment safely and move product to starage locations. Efficiently stand and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Quality – Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Order Picking – Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Loading- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars and/or trailers.
- Equipment – Load, unload, move, stack and stage produce and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions as required. Maintian the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory – Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security – maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA standards.
- Maintenance – Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple matching and write legibly.
- Requires satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program.
- Must be capable of sitting, starnding and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to fillow directions.
- Familiarity with material handling and radion frequency equipment a plus.
- Reach experience a plus