Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Long Beach, CA! Currently seeking a Department Assistant/Mail Clerk. If qualified, please submit your resume and contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text)
This position supports the efficiency and compliance of the Claims Department. Ensure that all incoming and outgoing mail, including mail returned as undeliverable, is processed in compliance with regulatory guidance and internal policy and procedures. Ensure compliance with HIPAA laws by securing protected information in accordance with regulatory guidance and internal policy and procedure.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
- Ensure processes meet or exceed regulatory requirements by reading and understanding issued guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of incoming and outgoing communications by processing internal and external mail (standard or electronic) upon receipt and facilitating delivery to the appropriate recipient. Research mail that is returned as undeliverable, and process in accordance with regulatory guidance and internal policy and procedures.
- Ensure the security of protected information by routinely removing protected information from common areas such as printers and fax machines and delivering to the appropriate person/location throughout the business day, and ensuring that recycle bins are emptied and the materials placed in secured recycle stations daily.
- Contribute to the department efficiency by managing the materials and fulfillment processes (for internal/external customers and department staff). Make copies, send faxes or other standard/electronic communications, collate materials, and deliver/pick up items, as needed.
- Support department compliance by maintaining logs for various tasks/responsibilities, running and distributing routine and/or ad-hoc reports, and communicating findings to management.
- As directed, ensure accurate and timely payment of department obligations by processing invoices in accordance with company standards.
- Assist in other department processes and functions, as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent education/experience, required.
- Clerical experience and ability to work with MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Call Center experience in an HMO, other medical environments, or other customer service-related position highly desirable.