Decton Staffing Services
SEEKING A CLINICIAN/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL FOR A HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION IN ORANGE AREA
The Clinician for Behavioral Health assists and monitors clinical service relationships with entities providing behavioral health services to Co. members. Coordinates activities between Co. staff, contracted providers, and health networks by providing guidance and support when appropriate. Responsible for the direct behavioral health case management services to Co. members and represents Co. and interacts with the Orange County Health Care Agency, contracted organizations and providers, health networks, and other stakeholders in a manner that promotes collaborative working relationships.
- Day-to-day operation liaison with behavioral health contracted entities.
- Coordinates between external agencies/entities and Co. departments for problem resolution, process improvement and service integration, including providing consultations on resolving complex case management issues and serving on the treatment team.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Care Team’s care planning and periodic reassessments of the participant’s case in accordance with industry and departmental standards.
- Supports external agencies/entities and Co. departments in navigating the behavioral health systems of care.
- Builds, maintains, and enhances relationships with the Orange County Health Care Agency, community-based organizations, and other key stakeholders in the mental health system of care.
- Creates educational and informational materials for members, providers and Co. staff.
- Educates Co. staff, health networks, providers and members on behavioral health issues and available resources through a variety of mechanisms, including the web, in-person trainings and educational events.
- Serves as the behavioral health expert in special workgroups for various topics related to behavioral health integration.
- Assists in behavioral health strategic planning and program development as assigned by the Manager, Behavioral Health.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possess the Ability To:
- Work in a team environment, be flexible, and adapt to change.
- Manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Prepare concise and clear reports.
- Work with all levels of staff to identify and problem-solve behavioral health issues.
- Occasionally work in the evenings or weekends at community events as needed.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with Co. Information Systems.
Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field of study is required.
- LMFT or LCSW license required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
- Bilingual in English and in one of Co.’s defined threshold language is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle, or other approved means of transportation will be required for work away from the primary office approximately 5% of the time when traveling throughout Orange County and occasionally surrounding counties is required.
- Culture and needs of the socially and ethnically diverse population Co. serves.
- Principles and practices of health care, health care systems, and managed care.
- Medi-Cal benefits and regulations.
- Health Plan, Hospital and Medical Group operations and strategies.
- Community-based organizations, agencies and community services.