Dection Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruting for a company in Orange, CA. Currently seeking Personal Care Attendants. If qualified, please submit your resume and contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or text).
Under the direction and supervision of the Day Center Supervisor, the Personal Care Attendant (PCA) provides personal care services to participants in the day health center, as well as other activities and tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and adult day health staff.
- Provides personal care and escort assistance in accordance with individual treatment plans – including peri-care, grooming, dressing, showering, bathing, toileting, feeding, and ambulation.
- Reports visible changes in participants’ conditions to Day Center Supervisor and/or Lead.
- Communicates participant health and safety concerns under the guidance and supervision of the Day Center Supervisor and/or Lead.
- Demonstrates safe practices utilizing proper body mechanics and complying with universal precautions.
- Participates in social and recreation activities with participants as appropriate.
- Implements interventions, as appropriate to training, as directed by rehabilitation staff, including use of mechanical assistance for participant transfers and mobility.
- Occasionally accompanies participants to outside clinical appointments.
- Assists with food service delivery and monitoring during meal times.
- Documents services rendered daily.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possess the Ability To:
- Communicate effectively to a variety of persons, including participants, families, staff, and other agencies.
- Work effectively in a team environment and independently with participants.
- Care for geriatric patients in a compassionate and patient manner.
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by approved regulatory agencies before working independently.
- Conduct daily physical activities in assisting frail elders in ergonomic manner to avoid injury.
- Receive and carry out orders from Interdisciplinary Team regarding personal care services and/or monitoring of participant status.
- Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
- Pass a criminal background which will verify that the candidate is: not excluded from participation in Medicare and Medicaid programs; has not been convicted of criminal offenses related to their involvement in Medicaid, Medicare, other health insurance or health care programs, or social services programs under title XX of the Act; and have not been convicted of physical, sexual, drug or alcohol abuse.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of HHA or Medical Assistant program; or CNA, LVN license required.
- Minimum 6 months of clinical experience as a Personal Care Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Vocational Nurse or Medical Assistant.
- 1year experience with the frail or elderly population required.
- Must complete and pass approved curriculum for Personal Care Aides upon hire required.
- Geriatric population with physical disabilities and limitations.
- Proper body mechanics during provision of assistance with Activities of Daily Living.
- Safe and sanitary personal care techniques for elderly population with physical limitations.