Decton Staffing Services
Decton is recruiting for a buyer for a company in Corona paying $18 an hour. If you are interested please submit your resume and call/txt Yesenia 949-207-1005.
The Project Buyer is responsible for the procurement of project equipment and materials, preparing RFQ documents, receiving vendor quotations, negotiating pricing/delivery with suppliers and placing orders based on assigned budgets after approval of Senior Buyer or Manager for compressor packages. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Order material needed for production as required for each assigned project.
Ensure materials are delivered timely to meet the Production Schedule in accordance with Purchasing policies and procedures and within the budget.
Review purchase requisitions for accuracy, pricing, and delivery, confirming the supplier is on the Approved Vendor List and the appropriate approvals are obtained.
Handle all direct negotiations with suppliers related to materials purchases, claims and DMR’s in a timely and efficient manner.
Prepare and distribute RFQ’s, receives and analyzes bids, quotes and proposals.
Monitor and update purchase orders issued to suppliers to support on-time delivery and partial shipments.
Manage order status, updating delivery dates, costs and manages PO cancellations and resolves invoice discrepancies.
Expedite/defer deliveries of components.
Review drawings and works with Engineering and Quality to ensure suppliers have a clear understanding of the requirements.
Ensure PO’s reference latest drawing revisions and provides suppliers with drawings, terms and conditions and customer specifications to procure compliant material.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in the following fields: Engineering, Sciences, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or comparable work experience.
- Two to Four years of global project procurement management experience, preferably in compressors application for oil and gas projects.
Certification in Project Management and Supply Chain Management a plus.
- Project management skills
- Strong decision making, organization, prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of practice of 5S.
- Ability to utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Utilize company equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
- Compliant with all company rules and regulations.
Goal oriented with career expectations.