Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Irvine, CA. Currently seeking a Benefits Coordinator. If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006. (Call or Text).
*This role is to cover a LOA.
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and administration of employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary benefits, leave of absence and 401K plan.
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for administration of all Leave of Absence (LOA) including meeting with employee to review LOA options, interactive process, keep Managers and Payroll informed of employee status, track, and collect benefit premiums
- Create and maintain LOA electronic files and system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Interface with employees and vendors to resolve issues, answer questions and communicate benefits information
- Audit monthly premium reconciliation of invoices; researches discrepancies with carriers
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in benefit focus
- Conduct new hire benefit orientation and assist employees with initial benefit enrollment, changes in coverage and claim issues
- Process enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans
- Maintains/edits online information for employee’s 401k Savings Retirement Plans
- Stays up to date on state and federal regulations concerning insurance and other employee benefits
- Responsible for workers compensation documentation, follow-up, and liaison between injured employee, insurance company, and supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possesses knowledge of the laws surroundings benefits and workers compensation
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of different health insurance plans, including HMOs and PPOs
- Exhibits solid organizational skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Exhibits ability to maintain relations with insurance and healthcare providers
- Experience with LOA administration
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective and efficient multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Some travel throughout the domestic United States and Internationally
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Communicates Effectively
- Connects with the Customer
- Cultivates Collaboration
- Delivers Results Effectively
- Job Expertise
- Shows Great Judgment
- 1-3 years of experience in HR with benefit experience procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of HRIS such as SuccessFactor and ADP