Dection Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Orange, CA! Currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. If qualified, please submit your resume and contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text)
The Administrative Assistant supports the Director and the Managers in the Grievance and Appeals Resolution Services Department by providing key clerical and administrative support to execute all responsibilities of the position. Responsible for organizing and coordinating the department’s clerical support activities. Often interacts with other departments, external stakeholders and CalOptima’s general office system. May coordinate work or processes with other administrative staff. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Coordinate calendars, including scheduling appointments, meetings and events.
- Provide administrative support for specific and/or ongoing projects, such as generating reports, logs, calendars, and mailings, applying general business practices, as well as policies and procedures.
- Utilize personal computer to do word processing, prepare letters, documents, presentations, reports and forms as directed.
- May answer Director’s telephone calls and direct or assist internal and external callers as necessary.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, including monitoring needs and ordering; including submission of requisitions.
- Maintain chronological and alphabetical filing systems.
- May coordinate work with other administrative staff, or play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts within the department.
- May determine priority of matters of attention for the Director and/or Managers; redirect matters to staff or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate catering for approved meetings.
- Prepare meeting materials, meeting set-up, minute taking, etc. as designated by the Director and/or Managers.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence per administrative policy.
- Handle all incoming invoices and expense reports for Director, Managers and/or departmental staff.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information and files regarding management projects, policy, and personnel ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Assist with coordination of files to be sent to off-site for imaging and storage. Also assist with retrieval of documents.
- Maintain Attendance Calendar for department
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possess the Ability To:
- Work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact in handling highly confidential information regarding controversial matters, personnel, and affairs of personal delicacy.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of complex office support duties, set work priorities based on knowledge of various activities.
- Coordinate multiple administrative activities at the same time.
- Interact effectively with staff at various levels as well as external contacts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Take direction and work as part of a team in the department to which assigned as well as with other administrative staff.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with Information Systems.
- Multi-task and be organized.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Courses in basic administrative education that provide the knowledge and abilities listed or equivalent clerical/administrative experience.
- 2+ years experience in working in an office environment providing administrative support.
- 2007 Microsoft Office- Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience in Microsoft Project, Access, Publisher, Visio and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Office business practices, including the utilization of equipment such as telephones, facsimile and copier machines.
- Appropriate language usage, including proper grammar and spelling.
- Business etiquette on the telephone, in correspondence, and in person.