Decton Staffing Services
Decton Inc. is currently recruiting for a company in Riverside, CA! Currently seeking Collections Specialist’s. If qualified, please submit your resume and apply below. You may also contact Liz directly @ (949)421-6006 (Call or Text).
**This position will relocate to Anaheim,CA in early 2019**
Under the direction of the Collections Supervisor, the Collector interfaces with customers to research and resolve outstanding issues to obtain payment.
The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process, and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with the sales team regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the direct supervisor
- Process Delinquency notices and Invoices when appropriate
- Processing credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- Handle a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls to resolve customer issues
- Manage all customers on the Collectors respective aging
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service to all customers
- Participate in team meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- All other duties as assigned
- Corporate Collections experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Industry knowledge of Lien Laws
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Windows), and email
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities