https://dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-1-133.png 70 42 https://www.dectoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/logo-Decton-STAFFING-SERVICES-300x89.png 2019-03-12 23:00:322019-03-12 23:00:32Accountant
Decton Staffing Services
- Provides responsible professional and technical assistance in the administration and implementation of financial and accounting programs; performs a variety of detailed accounting, statistical and/or narrative financial statements or reports requiring analysis and interpretation of source data.
- Conducts and/or coordinates internal/external audits of financial records; examines, analyzes and verifies documents to ensure adherence to established internal controls and accepted professional standards; interprets, explains, and applies general and governmental accounting/auditing principles and procedures, laws, and regulations affecting the financial operations of municipal government.
- Performs bank account reconciliations; verifies accuracy of recorded transactions; prepares related work sheets, cash balances, proofs and other schedules.
- Reviews the work of payroll staff in making entries, reconciliations and performing other fiscal record keeping work.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts related to postings from payroll, accounts payable, cash receipts, and accounts receivable; makes complex and difficult adjusting entries affecting several subsystems of the accounting system. prepares monthly financial statements and reports.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of new or revised accounting systems, procedures and records; may participate in the development of automated programs for accounting analyses.
- Oversees grant accounting functions including recordation of revenue and expenditures, submittal of fiscal documents and disbursements; prepares required Single Audit compliance reports.
- Ensures the accurate accounting of all fund activity related to inventory fixed assets.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions, and reviews publications to remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in the field of accounting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in finance or accounting.
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible professional accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
- Modern principles, practices, and methods of public and governmental accounting and financing, including program budgeting and auditing and their application to municipal operations.
- General principles and practices of data processing and its applicability to accounting and municipal operations.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Payroll processing procedures.
- Principles and practices of financial data collection and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Principles and practices of grant accounting.
- Methods and techniques of coding, verifying, balancing, and reconciling accounting records.
- Mathematics and financial and statistical techniques.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and staff.